TempMinder® Tips and Tricks
* If you do not get a reading right away please remove batteries and try again.
* Always use fresh, alkaline batteries. DO NOT use non-alkaline, rechargeables and "Dollar Store" batteries.
* Lithium batteries allow superior transmission in cold temperatures. Use them for your outdoor transmitters.
* Always try fresh batteries and using the "reset" if the temp and/or humidity are blinking. Use a straightened paper clip at the reset, and wait to hear a tiny click.
* Remove any protective stickers from the transmitter and receiver displays. Yes, people have really called us asking why the numbers don't ever change!
* Our TempMinders® are not meant to replace NOAA or Environment Canada's Weather Office. A variance of up to 3-4 degrees Fahrenheit or 1-2 degrees Celsius is normal.
* Remember, the temperature on the weather channel may be several degrees different than the temperature at your house.
* If nothing suggested here helps, shoot us an e-mail with your TempMinder® model number and a brief description of the problem so we can lend a hand!