TireMinder TPMS Alert Parameters
The TireMinder transmitters send updated pressure and temperature readings on a 4 minute interval. Between those four minute intervals, the transmitters will check for tire issues every six seconds. If an issue is found, the issue is immediately transmitted to the monitor. The issues in which the TireMinder transmitters will check for are below.
- Pressure loss of 3 PSI or more in less than 2 minutes.
- Pressure loss of 6 PSI or more in 2 to 10 minutes.
- Pressure loss of 15% or more of the baseline pressure.
- Pressure increase of 20% or more of the baseline pressure.
- Internal tire temperature of 167°F (75°C).
- Internal tire temperature that exceeds 185°F (85°C).
Why are Timed Alerts Helpful?
While traveling down the road, the pressure will rise in your tires. In some cases, the pressure can rise an excess of 10 to 15 PSI. Because the TireMinder TPMS includes a timed pressure loss alert, it can alert at the appropriate time, even when the pressure has risen due to weather, altitude or normal driving. This allows an earlier warning to be displayed, even when the tire pressure is within the normal range.
Note, the TMG400C has a 20-minute update interval